About Our Clients
ENGAGEMENTS FOR STATES OR CMS
- State of South Dakota – Department of Social Services (2004 – Present). Contracted by the State Medicaid Agency to design, develop, implement and administer a statewide Medicaid School Based Administrative Claiming Program with the public schools in the State. The program brings over $6 million annually of additional Medicaid Funding to the Schools. The project scope included negotiating the original plan design with CMS and successfully defending the program during CMS and other audits.
- State of Nebraska – Division of Health and Human Services (2010 – Present). Selected as a subcontractor to provide a comprehensive analysis of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) including drafting a gap analysis and recommendations, strategies, and approach for implementation including programmatic and system implementation planning.
- State of Arkansas – Division of Insurance (2011). Selected as a subcontractor to provide analysis and recommendations for a statewide Health Benefit Exchange as part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). Conducted meetings with all stakeholders and formulated a plan for Phase I funding.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (2009 – Present). Selected as a sub-contactor for The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Education Medicaid Integrity Contract (EdMIC). We serve as subject matter experts on the EdMIC, which identifies gaps in publicly-available fraud, waste, and abuse and quality of care education and training. The EdMIC is intended to develop and deliver education and training to address those needs.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (2009 – Present). Selected as a sub-contactor for The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Audit Medicaid Integrity Contract (AuditMIC). The AuditMIC is intended to supplement state initiatives to identify fraud, waste and abuse in the Medicaid program. In this role we provide subject matter expertise, audit management and state liaison services.
- State of Kansas – Kansas Health Policy Authority (2009). Selected to perform a review of certain Developmental Disability extraordinary funding payments.
- State of Nebraska – Department of Health and Human Services (2007 – 2009). Selected as a subcontractor to work on the $50 million Medicaid Management Information System replacement project.
- State of Illinois – Department of Healthcare and Family Services (2007 – 2008). Assisted this state as a subcontractor with planning and procurement related to their planned replacement of their Medicaid Management Information System. The total replacement is anticipated to exceed $100 million.
- State of Georgia – Division of Family and Children Services (2005 – 2006). Reviewed the Medicaid related adolescent mental health funding mechanisms and assisted the state in developing CMS approvable alternatives.
ENGAGEMENTS FOR PROVIDERS AND OTHER ENTITIES
- Electronic Data Systems– EDS now HP Enterprise Services (2006 – 2008). Engaged to serve as expert witnesses related to this technology company's long term project to provide Medicaid Management Information System services in Texas.
- Children's Respite Care Center (2006 – 2010). Assisted this provider with Medicaid reimbursement, regulatory and licensure issues with the State Medicaid Agency.
- Beneficial Behavioral Health (2006 – 2008). Assisted this provider with program planning and coordination with the State Medicaid Agency.
- Autism Action Network (formerly Sunshine Foundation) (2007 – 2009). Engaged by this autism advocacy group to work with the State Medicaid Agency and State Legislators to pass comprehensive autism treatment coverage under Medicaid. The Bill was overwhelmingly passed and MatrixPointe advised the advocacy group concerning implementation of the Medicaid plan and CMS approval.
- Swope Health Services (2010 – Present). Assist this Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with reimbursement, electronic medical records technology design and state audit issues.
- Kansas Hospital Association (KHA) (2011). Selected to advise the KHA on their involvement and input into the Governor’s Medicaid Reorganization Taskforce.